~Welcome to The Mom Spot of Tea. My name is Angela, I'm Mom to four "sugar cubes" and wife to one "dashing debonair". I am a very happy "domestic dame" and am always finding ways {and sharing them} to become better at what I'm doing here on earth...serving the Almighty One!~ We are a homeschooling family and we like to keep things simple.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sizzling Summer...

We're amidst a heat wave here and it is making for crazy weather.
The last few nights we've had severe-weather-storms including the sighting of a tornado in our town...yikes! I happened to be at work and recieved an automated-emergency call warning that a tornado was spotted close by and to take shelter.
This was so scary...{although I suppose prior warning is always more desirable than say:earthquakes that show up unexpectedly} Anyhow, I didn't take it well, I freaked out{mostly because I couldn't get ahold of my husband and the kids} and we evacuated about 25 customers into the basement of the coffee shop and sang "Wagon wheel" while the more extreme-weather-experienced co-workers stayed upstairs and watched for the tornado.
Thank God that night is just a memory now...

Due to the warm weather we've been finding family-fun acivities to do indoors.
One of my recent yard-sale purchases was a fondu set. It is so pretty and so nice {$10...seriously}.
We decided since it's still almost 90 degrees at night time here, we'd do smores indoors.





Although it's been hot, I'm tring to focus on the beauty of summer...
I'm surrounded by so much to enjoy...




We also have a very important summer, 1st birthday to celebrate in a week...


Yup, I can't believe it either...times flies, but I hope you're enjoying every second of it like we are...
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...