~Welcome to The Mom Spot of Tea. My name is Angela, I'm Mom to four "sugar cubes" and wife to one "dashing debonair". I am a very happy "domestic dame" and am always finding ways {and sharing them} to become better at what I'm doing here on earth...serving the Almighty One!~ We are a homeschooling family and we like to keep things simple.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Book Nook: The Daniel Fast





  {The Book Nook}


Yes, I love books and I'd like to share what I think about what I've read...

The Daniel Fast by Susan Gregory

"Feed your soul, strengthen your spirit, and renew your body".
Before I received this {complimentary} book from the Tyndale House Publishers I had no previous intentions in participating in the Daniel fast...I'll skip to the chase and let you know that I have my calendar marked "fast begins" right under January 1 of the New Year.

Susan Gregory not only enthusiastically convinced me that this would be a fantastic idea for me to engage in, but she also guided me step by step on how to prepare for the fast. 
This is really important because most of us don't know how to fast and some of us don't know that fasting is not all about food. Susan adds that the definition of a biblical fast is "to restrict food for a spiritual purpose". In addition to changing eating habits or restricting food, fasting has to have a spiritual face, otherwise it's just a diet.

Susan has also shed light on the aspects of fasting that most of us are not familiar with and she has spent a lot of time giving facts and quoting scripture.
She tells Daniel's story and explains which certain foods are restricted and why.
I also love the easy-to-follow biology lessons that she throws in there just to remind us of what our bodies are doing and why.

From my previous experiences with fasting I know firsthand that it's not easy to complete a fast, but Susan Gregory has written this book to ensure a successful Daniel Fast {surmising you follow her instruction}.

She gives you ample resources and suggestions on how to fully prepare yourself mentally and physically. 
"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"...and with Susan Gregory's help, I'll be partaking in the Daniel Fast and am eager to experience a renewal in the spirit of my mind. 
I highly recommend getting the the extended version-copy of this book which includes a 21 day Daniel fast devotional. 
You can also find Susan Gregory's blog here
Happy fasting!


1 comment:

  1. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...